- Description: La Mina La Jayona (La Jayona Mine) constitutes an example of an abandoned mining site whose ambient recovery has generated a unique habitat of great geo-ecological interest and of enchanting beauty, leading to its recognition as a Natural Monument. Nearby, the structure and architecture of the Nuestra Señora del Ara Mine has evolved over time since its construction in the 14th Century, though it still conserves the essence of the Mudejar style. It is known as the Sistine Chapel of Extremadura.
- Duration of visit: Approximately 1.5 hours + 30 minute shrine visit
- Price: Free entry. Must pre-book.
- Distance from e-EyE: 1 hour, 35 minutes (101 km)
- Contact: Fuentes del Arco Town Hall
Telephone: 924 87 80 01
- Opening hours: From 10:00 to 12:00
For more information click here